Job posting for: Academic/Administrative Department Secretary (Math/Economics) (pdf)
Trent University offers a variety of exciting degrees in Mathematics and related disciplines, including:
- The B.Sc. (Honours) in Mathematics.
- The B.Sc. (Honours) in Mathematics, with Specialization in Mathematical Finance.
- The B.Sc. (Honours) in Mathematics, with Specialization in Statistics.
- The B.Sc. (Honours) in Mathematical Computer Science.
- The B.Sc. (Honours) in Mathematical Economics.
- The B.Sc. (Honours) in Mathematical Physics.
- The B.Sc. or B.A. (Honours), with joint major in Mathematics and another discipline of your choice.
- The B.Sc. (General) in Mathematics.
- The B.Sc. or B.A. (General), with joint major in Mathematics and another discipline of your choice.
- A Master of Science in Applications of Modelling in the Natural & Social Sciences.
The Math Course Index is a concise list of the available mathematics courses. The Math Course Descriptions provides more detail. First-year courses include core courses in calculus and linear algebra as well as an introduction to probability plus a half-year introduction to calculus and a non-calculus introduction to statistics for students from other disciplines. Upper-year courses cover a variety of areas such as abstract algebra, analysis, chaos and fractals, computer oriented mathematics, differential equations, discrete mathematics, history of mathematics, linear algebra, mathematical logic, measure and integration, number theory, probability, statistics, and topology.
Mathematics courses at Trent are primarily taught in the fall/winter session in Peterborough. A small number of courses will be available at the Durham campus and a small number will be available in the summer session. For further information on summer session courses or Durham courses, contact the Department via the contact information below.
Department of Mathematics Trent University 1600 West Bank Drive Peterborough, Ontario CANADA K9J 7B8
Phone: (705) 748-1011 x7531 Fax: (705) 748-1155 E-mail: email@example.com Main Office: Peter Gzowski College #342 (On east bank, south of Otonabee College. Accessible from Pioneer Road)
The hardware formerly serving this site failed during the summer of 2012. We're still behind on updating the content... Please bear with us while we work on that, and keep note of the "Last updated" notices on the web pages in the meantime.
Trent Mathematics Department is an affiliate member of the Fields Institute
Maintained by Stefan Bilaniuk Last updated 2013.07.04.